FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just wondering if this motor (1981 Mercury 50hp Thunderbolt Ignition 20" shaft) is ok for power on a 1997 Fisher Freedom 22' pontoon? If so, what would be ideal prop size for this engine?
Thanks.
Hello all,
I have a few questions for those with the knowledge. I had a 1997 Force 40 on my pontoon. Did a compression test and bottom cylinder was 130 and top 20. My understanding there is no point rebuilding this engine? I need to get my pontoon back in the water, I have a 1981 Mercury 50hp 4...
Hello,
I've searched forums for the spark plug gap for this 1962 Mercury 6hp Twin and come up empty. Does anybody know correct gap for spark plug for this engine.
Thanks in advance.