FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 90 hp Yamaha OB on my pontoon boat. When I use the power tilt to raise the motor it will but then it slowly goes back down like it has a leak.
How can I determine the leak and fix it?
I have a 2002 90 hp outboard. Recently while out on the lake the RPM quickly jumped up as if the prop had no resist. I was able to slow the power way down to a just a little more than an idle and the boat continued to move forward. I was told by several people it sounded like the shear pin broke...