FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I installed the throttle and shift cables on my motor and the first time I took the boat out with the new cables on, the engine seemed to grind a lot more than it did with the old cables on, before it would ever go in gear forward. However it seemed to go in reverse without grinding at all...
I wanted to replace the control cables that go to a 96 135hp. Mercury but there are two cables running right alongside each other and connecting into the motor right beside each other. What is the purpose of both cables, does this mean i have dual throttle cables or is one of the cables...
I was thinking about making a custom ski pylon out of aluminum. It would be a lot lighter. Howerever, is aluminum strong enough to withstand the stresses of pulling a tube, skier, etc..?
90 Bayliner Capri NEED HELP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I just recently bought a bayliner capri and have noticed significant floor rot around the bilge area. The wooden supports that surround the opening have rotted and broken off...
Hello,
I just recently bought a bayliner capri and have noticed significant floor rot around the bilge area. The wooden supports that surround the opening have rotted and broken off leaving the wood very soft around the edges of the bilge. First of all I don't understand why their is an...