FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Bought an harmonic balance puller to remove flywheel on a 1988 50 VRO. None of the bolts fit. What size bolts should I use? I read on another post a guy stripped out grade 8 5/16. Is that the size? Are there different threads on grade 8 bolts? 5/16 seems kinda big.
I have a 1976 35hp Johnson that I would like to convert to tiller steer. What do I need other than a tiller handle and throtle control.
Are there instructions I could find somewhere?
Bought a used Jack Plate tilt trim(Cook Mfg.) No instalatin instuctions. Electrical looks pretty simple. Its not obvious how to attatch my 50 hp Johnson. Dosn't look like it clamps on it like the motor clamps to the transom.
Installed a new key switch with push key to choke. Neather of the 2 purple
wires from the solenoid are connected to the wire comming from the switch
that sends 12 volts when key is pushed. Where should these be connected.
One has yellow stripe, other has white. 1971 50hp.