FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
First off, thanks to Friscoboater for giving me the basics (and courage) to attempt this job. Had a block crack last winter, so I rebuilt it, got it running, and am now looking at the rest of the boat. I knew the motor mounts were gone cause I had to use bolts to hold down the trim motors...
So I destroyed my block on my 1981 (J170STRMC1F) by poor winterizing. Have removed everything except the short block (GM 471594) while in the boat. I literally have nothing left to hold the motor to the bell housing, yet it only moves about 1/8 inch from the intermediate. Do I have to remove the...