FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Has anyone used the anchor system where the anchor is on a pulley, and one end of the rope is attached to the boat? Essentially, you have two lines in the water. How do they not end up twisting? Any comments would be appreciated!!!
While removing the lower unit, I dumped out some of the gear oil. I noticed a screw on the side for oil filling. Does the motor have to be on its side to fill the oil, or can it be on the boat? Thanks!!
MIke
After serving me for 30 years, my 1970 Johnson 9.5 stopped after running for only a minute or so last week. I noticed it smelled like is was getting hot, so I shut it down.I suspect the water pump may be bad. Where can I get information on fixing the water pump? The motor never had a water...