FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I purchased a boat with a 1994 Johnson 140 HP V4 with a bad cylinder. Got the whole package with a really nice galvanized trailer for $400. I'm planning on selling the trailer, scrapping the boat so the motor will essentially be free after selling the trailer.
That said, the overall motor looks...
I have a 1982 Johnson 70 that will start and idle fine. But about half the time when I accelerate it will want to bog. I noticed that if I "wiggle" the throttle back and forth when it happens it will take off and got to wot like it should. once on plane it will run fine, it only bogs when going...
I searched "sealing plywood" and the more I read the more I got confused.
Here's what I have, I'm replacing the floor on my 1982 Fisher SV-2. I bought 1/2" Marine grade plywood, cut and fitted it to the aluminum stringers, ready to install.
The idea is to cover it in vinyl and screw it down...
I have a 1987 Yamaha 30hp long shaft, tiller, oil injected, pullstart. Runs like new no problems what so ever. Mechanically it's 100%, cosmetically 85-90%.
Thinking about selling it, is $900 in the area???
I recently bought a boat with a 1982 Johnson 70hp. It had been sitting for about 2 years, the owner said it ran good last time he used it. I took it to the lake and it started fine, idled low but when I would put in gear and opened the throttle it would just die.
He is the list of things I did...