FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok guys, I need a little assistance from you that have Volvo experience especially in the pats arena. I have a 2011 Regal 2300 with a VP 5.7 GIC 300-P / DPS-A, Engine serial # A166359 & Drive serial # A163587. As I was prepping the drive for winter, I always pull the drive and check the gimbal...
Hi Guys, We just purchased our first boat with a Volvo power plant and I see where there has been issues with the trim system on the Volvos that have the pump mounted on the outside of the transom. I was talking with a boating friend that has a ?06? 5.0 with a single prop outdrive, but his pump...
I have a 2011 5.7 GIC 300P (A166359) with a DPS-A drive (A163587). The boat is a Regal 2300 with 74 hours. When we test drove it, it had a very distinct ?clunk? shifting into reverse, but going into forward it is velvet smooth. I had a Merc b3 drive on my last boat and you could not hear it...
I am new to VP maintenance and I have read several post on changing the DPS A u joint bellows. Some say to use a sealing compound and some say you don't need it. If it is needed I have been using this for sealing up everything from water hoses on cars to gaskets on water pumps. Any thoughts?
Hello to all! I am getting ready to purchase a boat with a VP 5.7 GIC 300 P with a DPS A drive. My 1st VP. The boat is a 2011 Regal 2300 that weighs approx 4300 full of fuel. The boat I just sold is a 08 Regal 2200 with a Merc mag 350 / 300hp and a bravo 3 drive.I drove the new boat a few times...
I have a 95 sea ray with a 5.7 alpha 1 i/o with 319 hrs & 19 pitch ss vengeance prop. I usually run it around 3000 to 3600 rpm's, oil pressure at 25 to 30 psi warm, and temp around 170 with raw water cooling. When I take off I will go wot for a few seconds and then back out after it plans off...