FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Interesting that fuel stadards are left up to the states. So is Octane added at the station or at the depot where the tankers pick up the fuel? I always wondered how some gas stations have 4 or 5 different fuel options at the pump yet you really only see 1 tanker delivering the fuel to the...
I did upgrade all the hoses (fuel filler and fuel pump supply to modern marine grade hose) that is ethonal compatible. The carb was also rebuilt using ethanol compatible gaskets and parts. I do replace the fuel and water seperater filter yearly. My one concern is the aluminum tank and hope...
Hi,
I have searched this forum and the internet and learned a bit but perhaps someone with the same motor will have actual experience with this. I have a 1976 Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351) with a 2bbl carb I/O setup in my boat. It is the original engine in the boat and is completely stock...