FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am interested in buying a 1980 4.5 HP Evinrude Model E5RCSS but I have a question about the prop. It has a black conical tip that is pierced by a cotter pin and the entire prop has some play. I would like to know if this is a normal arrangement or if there have been some modifications. Thanks...
I want to buy a 1980 4HP Evinrude Model E5RCSS and I noticed that the 3-blade propeller is a little lose and has a black rubber (or plastic) conical tip that is pierced by a cotter pin. I find this somewhat unusual simply from the point of view of water flow. Is this common practice? Should it...