FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently picked up a 1999 Chris-Craft with a VP 5.0GL engine with VP SX outdrive. Anyone have a manual floating around? In the stickies none of the links are working correctly (all going to different posts that are unrelated). The previous owner pulled all kind of stuff off of this motor so...
So we bought a Chris Craft 230 Sport deck and everything was working fine. We stopped for a little while and when we started going again the boat wouldn't get about 25 mph. We pulled the boat out and I did a complete tune up because at times it was hard to start. The boat starts and runs on land...
I am working on my friends Chris Craft Decksport 230 and I was wondering what the spark plug gap is supposed to be. I am having a problem with it dying at idle and the last time we had it out it topped out at 25 mph. Any other advice to what I should check out?
I am replacing the plugs, wires...