FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1998 7.4 mpi sn 0L042350. The long block was replaced in 2016 with a Mercury reman by a Mercury shop. I recently rebuilt the top end because I had been experiencing some performance loss and confirmed that coolant was getting into some of the cylinders. The rebuild went well, but the...
Hi Doctur,
this is what I was going off of. The bolts definitely turned more than I would have expected for the final torque sequence, and the one sheared. Ordered a new set of head bolts, Felpro ES72264. These are identical to what I pulled from the engine. Engine was a reman longblock...
Thanks for the replies. Can you tell me, where do your numbers come from?
Again, the numbers I was using come from the Mercruiser shop manual, number 23, so I’m trying to figure out what I should be following if not that.
Hi all,
I have a 1998 7.4 mpi sn 0L042350. I had to replace the head gaskets, and I ran into a problem on reinstallation. I was following the mercruiser factory service manual 90-861326-1 torque specs, and one of the bolts sheared. Questions:
Is the torque spec in this manual correct for my...
I picked up an old Fiberform with a new(er) Volvo Penta 3.0GS. Quickly learning the new boat owner adage. I've reached a problem I'm not sure I know the cure for, and I'm hoping for some advice here. I'll go for the main issue here, and then provide some history.
The oil pressure at the...