FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Has any one done the software updates for their Lowrance unit with success? I am using original software and there is an updated version. I don't want any issues and cause it not to work by upgrading.
Got it out for first time, 88 TX17 with 75 mariner 19 pitch black max prop. Runs out at 5000 rpm and tops out at 34 mph tweeking trim until porpose occurs and then back off a fuzz. Nice ride, but I thought it would be faster. Hole shot is still snappy. What else can I do to bring up top speed...
I just replace water pump per instructions, fired it up for test in water and it dribbles out rear hole and spits more water out hole in front of motor by cavitation plates. Please help
Re: Tilt Trim Motor 89 Mariner Stops
Thanks, here is a pic also I did clean it with brake cleaner to get rid of grime but didn't sand contact on armatuer, I will try that.
I have a 1989 75 hp Mariner, I just replaced brushes and put a few small orings around armatuer base. It works for a bit and then stops. then after a few seconds of rest starts again. I filled fluid and think it is bled out. The fill tube is about 5 inches long and has a factory bend in it. 3...
My main tilt ram chipped very slightly during removal of large ram pin with holes. It chipped where the pieces rub, between exterior rams and main ram just outside of oring seat.
I filed down burr nice and smooth.:confused: Will this be ok or problamatic? 1989 3ram system 75hp