FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Does anyone know where to get small switches (12V is fine) that are encapsulated and can be fully submerged in salt water? I had a couple of those aluminum marine push buttons that claimed IP68 but would fail fairly quickly.
It's actually for a surfboard project, not a boat, but its poly resin...
1) I'm in the process of restoring an OMC 800 outdrive. Do you think that drive shaft has still some life left or should I rather spend the 120$ for a new one, now that I have it open anyhow. It is the one that goes into the water pump housing. I'd think the splines have a little bit more than...
Hi,
I searched online now for nearly an hour and couldn't really find something. Probably not using the right word. I have a new belly tank with the fuel fill inlet ( 1 1/2" ) facing to the side of the boat, but my fuel fill line is coming from the back and its too stiff to bend. I need some...
I'm in the process of restoring stringers and transom for a 20ft cuddy cabin. The old engine mounts are closed boxes made out of 1/2"ply. 3 sides + lid glassed to stringer. A 6x8 wood core snuggly sitting in there ( but not attached to anything, I think its only purpose is to hold the lag screws...
Hi there,
I’m new here and 1st time boat owner. Bought a “lake ready” 1984 20ft cuddy cabin this February and slowly discovered all the little things that make that boat quite not so lake ready :D. (Most likely paid way too much but I’ll book it as a pricey “lessons learned”). I was already in...