FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 14' fiberglass boat 1960s with an Evinrude 18hp 1968 engine (Model# 18802A). I didn't have GPS but I'd say it was running at about 20mph with 2 200lb guys on it. I seem to have a spun prob hub and a predicament. Guy at shop says it will cost me about $40 to fix the spun hub IF he can...
Hi guys, I finally took my boat out on the water today 14' fiberglass with 18 HP Evinrude (Model #18802A) after replacing the impeller, cleaning carb, and replacing oil in lower unit. The engine ran great up until the way back to the dock when at high RPMs it seemed that it would slip out of...
Hello. I recently rebuilt my carb and replaced the impeller on my 1968 18 HP Evinrude (18802A). I got it running and it seems okay, however when I lower the throttle anywhere past "Start" it sputters and eventually stalls. It barely makes it to the "Shift" setting before stalling. Any...
Hi fellow boaters. I have 1968 18 HP Evinrude outboard model #18802A. mid 90s PSI on both cylinders. Water peeing strong. I bought this engine about a month ago, very clean inside and out ($360, good deal?). Guy said he inherited this outboard from a friend of his who had it sitting for...