FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 16' 1993 sweet 16 tracker. The original 25 hp has been replaced with a 2002 mercury 40 hp. The last owner really went to town adding extra lights and wire runs whose purpose I really can't decipher. I can tell which wires he added and which wires are stock by...
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2002 40 hp 3 cyl and I've noticed there is some melted insulation on one of the wires - you can see in the photo. I've got the service manual for it and I'm trying to walk through some of the steps for testing the stator. The manual says to test for resistance of...
I was changing the impeller on my 40 hp 2002 3 cyl mercury and I noticed some small cracks in the rubber shift boot.
Clearly it should be replaced, but I'm wondering if that is supposed to provide a water tight seal or if its more to keep crud out. In other words, if it's had holes in it and...
I have a 2002 Mercury 40 hp 3 cyl / 2 cycle. When revved or running above idle speeds the starter drive gear will randomly raise up and engage the flywheel for brief periods of time (just enough to hear the clank). You can see the drive gear move up and down slowly while the motor is running -...