FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My son has a '00-'01 Johnson 25hp outboard that is acting up. Ity doesn't want to idle well and appears to be misfiring. When you get the boat on plane with WOT it has a slight power loss. You can get the engine to increase RPM's by about 500 or so by slightly pulling out the choke knob. I...
I have an '84 Mariner 115 inline six which is used infrequently. When I first use it, the engine hesitates and bogs on the hole shot. After a couple of hours of running it is OK. This leads me to suspect that the carbs are somewhat gummed up with varnish. I don't feel like rebuilding them...
My son has an '01 25HP Johnson and as preventive maintenance, I would like to replace the water pump. What is involved with the repair? Any special tools or cautions?
Many Thanks!
Mike
I have a 1984 Mariner 115 (inline 6) that will idle erratically from time to time. It will idle at about 500 rpm and then randomly and abruptly bump up to about 1000 rpm. When idling at the lower (500 rpm) speed it will sometime dies. At anything over a dead idle it will run smooth all the...