FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Have not owned the boat that long and today went to replace the u joints and the gimbal bearing. This boat is a 95 and by the looks of the u joints those have never been replaced. The gimbal finally came out but before I started I noticed that the flange that the bellows goes over has...
I have had trouble with my 95 OMC Cobra 4.3L eating alternator belts. I found that the water pump pulley was partially rusted out with a hole in it. I ordered the new water pump pulley on line (3852220) and the pulley came. The problem is it is 1/2 the size of the old pulley and a different...
I have a 95 chris craft 18 c0ncept with a 4.3L OMC sterndrive. IN the past 2 months I have replaced all of the belts multiple times. the alternator belt belt is especiaaly bothersome because all of the belts have to come off to replace this one. I have replaced this one at least 3 times in...
I have a power steering pump that is partially locking up causing the belts to wear prematurely and break. Can I put an automotive pump in there? They are like 1/5 of the cost of a marine pump. Also how hard of a job is it to replace one of these?