FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi all. I'm looking to possibly purchase a major fixer upper boat with a force 120. The boat is a 2000 and I think the motor is from around then. The owner indicated the motor needed a new starter and flywheel. Upon inspection, it appears that the starter became loose, then over time while...
Hi all, I'm having issues with my MCM 3.0 181. I recently rebuilt the carb on this unit using a kit from Mike's carb parts. While the system is generally performing much better than prior to rebuild, I'm not having significant flooding issues when I shut the engine off. After running and getting...
Hi all,
I have a 2000 Sea Ray Bowrider 180 with Mercuriser MCM 3.0L a / L605518 serial variety.
I was having a number of issues with idling and acceleration recently so ended up rebuilding the carb. After that the fuel system issues seemed to be a lot better at idle and accelerating when not...
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2000 Sea Ray Bowrider 180 with Mercuriser MCM 3.0L a / L605518 serial variety. I've been having some issues both at idle and when trying to accelerate.
The prior owner didn't do much maintenance and hadn't run it much over the last five years. So far since buying...
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2000 Sea Ray Bowrider 180 with Mercuriser MCM 3.0L a / L605518 serial variety.
I'd noticed that the temperature gauge on the dash defaults to ~170F, even when I'm just starting the boat. I was in the process of investigating other issues in the engine and found a...