FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking at purchasing a 2000 wellcraft 180 fisherman with a 115 evinrude 4 stroke. Does anyone know of any common problems with these boats or motors? Is there wood supporting the floor or are these boats "rot free"?
I was considering getting rid of the decks and livewell and going with a open Jon boat type layout with the flooring covered with marine vinyl. Do the casting decks add structural support to the boat, and if so, what would you suggest in order to get as much of a open layout as possible and...
Re: 50 hp evinrude- material coming from the prop
Phil,
This is what the gearbox oil looked like. Does this look like water is in it or does it look like oil that just hasn't been changed in a long time?
I left the grey material on the prop yesterday and when I went out this morning it was...
I recently purchased a boat with a 50hp evinrude engine. I started it yesterday and after it ran for a few minutes a grey material started coming from the center and from behind the prop. It had a consistency like grease. Doe anyone know what this is and why it would be coming out?
Thanks
I need to replace the decking in a bass tracker. I was considering using aluminum instead of wood. What grade and thickness of aluminum should be used for flooring and decking? Where is a good place to look for the aluminum and where can flotation foam be purchased?
I have just purchased a 1989 17 ft bass tracker with a 50 hp evinrude engine. The engine says Evinrude Tracker Pro Series on the engine cover. I hooked up a water hose to the engine and started it in my driveway. When I would turn the key the motor would not try to crank over. While holding the...