FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've removed the transom from my 1968 Larson Volero, but the fiberglass resin that coated the transom is glued to the outer shell of the boat. It seems to be a strong bond. The old transom was rotten and had delaminated. Does this need to be ground out before I install the new transom? Or...
Is it OK to seal a wood stringer with polyester resin if my intent is to come back later and use lightweight woven roving (and epoxy resin) to go over the stinger and tie in to the hull? My understanding is that epoxy resin will adhere to cured polyester resin but not the other way around...
I have a specific question about replacing wood stringers in my 1968 Larson Volero...
First here's a picture of what's left of the stringer after I removed the 1" by 10" piece of wood (that laid flat). The foam is in good shape and does not appear to be replaced.
I thought I would just...
I'm hoping my new good friends here on IBoats can help me out as to where I can buy an aluminum drain plug housing (I think that's what you call it?) Here's a pic. I removed my transom and had to destroy it to get it out.
This forum has been so helpful in my efforts to restore my 1968 Larson Volero. Yesterday I separated the cap from the hull. It wasn't that difficult. First I removed the rubber rub-rail and the aluminum that went all around the boat.
Question for the group: When I go to...
I've attached a photo that shows where tarp cover snaps were once screwed in to the top of the gun-wale. I don't have any plans to re-install the snaps as my boat will be stored in-doors. Can someone please tell me the best method of repairing these holes? Do I just grind it back and then use...
I could use some advice on how to remove the small cracks in the gel-coat shown in the attached photo. Is it as simple as using a gritty rubbing compound? I'm a real novice here.
I'm restoring a 1968 Larson Volero 177 and was wondering if someone can direct me to the right fuse block to purchase as I am re-wiring the boat. Thanks in advance.