FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just installed my 5.8 L OMC Ford engine in an 89 Bayliner. I started it, it runs but will not shut off. I have the feeling my aternator wiring is wrong.
The purple wire comes from the "run" position on the ignition key switch and turns red/purple just before the alternator. A yellow/red wire...
I got an 89 OMC 5.8 and the power steering actuator has a seal that seems to hsve a crack where my finger is pointing. I cannot find any references as to what it is, or if it is available for rebuild.