FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I did do that and like I said I can make it move up and down with a screw driver I'm going to purchase a piston stop took so I can take the whole cover off but I don't think it's the Bendix but not sure what else it would or could be
So I bought a 98 glastron gs 150 on a auction it was in a storm and was flipped while in the lift so the motor was submerged upside down for some time anyway I got it all cleaned up new starter new solinoid and it spins but the Bendix does not engage i opened the flywheel cover enough to see it...
If you remove that foam do you need to replace it is that not what makes the boat float I have sane boat and would love the extra room but the way I was told us that is floatation foam
No smells but the engine sounds a different when it lets loose like on the muffs when I increase throttle it sounds like a motor going faster but in the water it gets more high pitch I would say it's definitely a different sound
just purchased 1986 sea ray Seville 17 have a 1986 140hp mercruiser and it will shift into gear and push the boat at idle but when you throttle up the engine revs but the boat goes no faster. I put a new hub in the prop and still nothing Also the drive shaft does move faster when the engine...