FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 74 Johnson 50 hp which is pissing me off. It starts and runs ok when I have muffs on it in the driveway. When I put it in the water, I can barely get it started and it will die unless I have the throttle lever all the way up. I put the lever down to shift it into gear and it dies of...
I have a 1974 Johnson 50hp outboard which I tried starting for the first time this season. It seems when I try turning it over the starter engages, but does not rise up the inch to spin the flywheel to start the engine. Is this an easy fix? How much am looking at if I need to bring it to a...
I have a newly tuned up 1974 Johnson 50hp that has had the carbs done, new power pack, new coils and new control cables. It idles great when I have muffs on it in the driveway and all is good. I put it in the water and it will not idle without giving it gas and when I try and put it in gear it...
Hello! I am brand new to this forum and loving it! I have a 14ft Crestliner runabout with a 1974 Johnson 50hp outboard. My question is two fold: 1) What type of battery do I need to not only start the engine, but run the running lights etc.? 2) Does this engine charge the battery as it runs...