FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a used 1998 bowrider with a 5.7 Merc. With a carburetor and an electric fuel pump. I realized the fuel pump was not mounted to the block but just hanging by the fuel line. I bought the bracket to mount it but no diagram shows how the bracket mounts to the block. The fuel filter and...
First a little background: 1996 Chaparral. The engine is a Mercruiser 5.7 Carb(2bb) and runs great! When I took the boat to get winterized the shop told me the fuel pump was not attached to the block, it's hanging from the fuel line, and an automotive fuel pump. Not being much into blowing...
Here?s the scoop: I bought my 1996 Chaparral used a couple of years ago. I winterized and changed the oil myself. This year I had a shop do it. They informed me that the engine block is a 1998, not a 1996. The SN on the carb cover is a 1996. Best of all the fuel pump is most likely not a marine...