FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just rebuilt my 4 cyl Volvo Penta AQ151. Starts and runs smooth with timing at 18 btdc (650rpm). Closer I get to 6 deg, worse it runs till it shuts down. Timing light same as reading at the crank pulley gauge..even tried different timing light with same results. Cam is timed with crank, all...
1988 Three Bouys houseboat, AQ151C Volvo Penta 4cyl. Was tying up dash wiring harness and noticed the guage cluster pegging at low end as I moved the wiring.
After a little digging, I found what appears to be a diode located in the purple wire from the switch to the voltmeter. I determined...
Hello all. Have been enjoying my houseboat recently. My Volvo penta aq151 running fine. But this past weekend, after a 2 hr cruise, when I throttled back to dock, she stumbled sputtered and shut down, would not start back. Checked for fire and fuel, blue spark, nice jet squirt in the bowl...
Hello all,
First time post, fantastic forum. Have unraveled many a rats nest on my Three Bouys houseboat based on great information found here. Many thanks to all.
I now have a new dilemma with my '88 Three Bouys 42', AQ 151C Volvo houseboat. Have surfed and searched the web for hours and...