FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello . 1993 johnson 50 runs well but seems to be over charging , at least according to a new faria volt meter . We have a brand new marine deep cycle battery , maintained on a battery tender . We replaced the regulator thinking that was the issue . We were ok for one day , voltage never went...
I am using a Michigan Wheel vortex prop which utilizes the XHS hub adapter . After installing the prop and tightening it down there still seems to be 1/16 to 1/8 inch of play . Is this normal ?
In looking to update our 1993 50 with a new paint job and decal set I saw a set GT designation. I am not familiar with that particular model. Does anyone know what the differences are between the " regular " 50 and the GT ?
I am looking for rebuild services for the power trim unit. The unit works quite well but there is oil seepage at the top of the cylinder around the central lifting shaft. I have removed the entire assembly and was curious as to what I might be looking at if i sent it out or is it something that...
We had small inkling when we picked up this lovely boat , motor and trailer for $ 150 that things might not be in pristine condition :) There is no thing as a free lunch but we are hoping this one won't be too expensive :) The motor is going to be transferred to this little toy and we will give...
I recently purchased a 1993 Johnson 50 in non-working order. For the low price I knew I would be dealing with some issues. In starting to sort things out I noticed that there are some items that are used in a VRO motors such as the four pin Molex connector cable. I do not believe my motor is VRO...