FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know where to find oversized pistons and rings for a 1966 johnson 20 hp? The farthest back boats.net goes is 1968. I'd prefer .020 over stuff too.
Hi guys, I recently posted about a 1966 20 hp johnson that had 58#s, and 60#s of compression on cylinders, good spark but wouldn't start even if I sprayed gas or starting fluid in the carb. only a backfire. I was concerned with the compression,(if it was enough to start?) but some one replied...
Hi, I have a 1966 20 hp johnson I recently bought that was said had not been ran in a couple of years. I have cleaned the carb, put plugs, points(set at .020) and condensers in it and it does have good spark. I can not get it to fire at all even if I spray gas or starting fluid in the carb...