FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Went for a lake test today and it went beautifully. Got the seals installed easily and carefully, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for the help, I never would have figured that out! Also I used the loctite 518 to reseal it this time as racerone said. Awesome
That must be my problem then, it all adds up. welp guess I'm cracking the cases again haha I just ordered a couple of em. Is it pretty self explanatory on the placement once I get the crankshaft out? Can't seem to find any info on the install
based on the parts diagrams, I see one seal right above the lower main bearing on the crankshaft. I dont recall ever seeing them upon removal though. unless the old one is still there. as for the lower main seal, I know for a fact I forgot to put that one on. Which is going to be the next thing...
so I checked the trigger wires, they're all where they are supposed to be. I'm taking your advice on getting the recirc system back to how it is supposed to be. All the check valves were bad, so I ordered some new ones along with OEM vacuum line. and about the dog bone shaped one...I looked at...
Put them back? there wasnt anything there to begin with haha I will double check the trigger wires later today to eliminate that possibility. after thinking about it I think I just have an intake leak from the recirculation system. I blocked off the 1/8 fittings for cylinder 1 and the carb...
So I just rebuilt my 1989 force 85hp 856x9E and it won't start. I used a newer 90hp block with the rebuild. Wiseco pistons to match the bore. I'm getting 140 psi on all 3 cylinders. I have spark on all 3 cylinders. I verified that fuel is getting to all the carburetors. When I cover each carb...