FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I purchased 15 gal. of polyester resin (435 standard from U.S. Composites), and 1-1/2 oz chopped strand mat from them as well, I am doing a lay up over my new stringers which there are five of and roughly 50 ft. in length all together. What is the best way for me to do this, how many layers do I...
I have approximately 40 to 50 ft. of exterior plywood that I will cut to replace old rotten stringers. There are going to be five stringers, one in the middle (13 ft.) and two on either side ( 8 and 9 ft.). How much fiberglass and what type do I need roughly, a guy at a local store suggested...
I have removed the old rotted plywood stringers, I cut off an inch from the top of the fiberglass and lifted them out leaving only the fiberglass walls standing. My question is if I can now fill the space where the old stringers used to be with some sort of foam (what kind of foam) or do I need...
I have removed the old rotted plywood stringers, I cut off an inch from the top of the fiberglass and lifted them out leaving only the fiberglass walls standing. My question is if I can now fill the space where the old stringers used to be with some sort of foam (what kind of foam) or do I need...