FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2006 Palm Beach 20 foot pontoon that came with a Mercury 40hp 4-stroke motor. The motor runs great and we love it, but my kids are getting older and want to go tubing more. It is boring because our max speed is in the 15-18mph range with only a few people in it--it drops considerably...
I found a 1984 Chrysler 90hp for a very reasonable price and we want to upgrade the size of the motor on our pontoon. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these motors are very reliable. The one I looked at starts right up and runs smoothly, but have not had it on a boat in the water. The...