FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I replaced bearings and seals in my lower unit and am in need of a cover nut tool.
91-91947. Does anyone have advice or knowledge of installing this cover nut with a different more accessible, cheaper tool? I'm hesitant on spending $110 for one and am trying my darndest not to.
Or can anyone...
Does anyone know what tool i can use to remove the shift shaft bushing?
I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. I've tried using a few different things but this
bushing will not budge. What other tool can be used to remove this bushing besides
the actual Merc tool?
So, that also takes me to...
Does anyone have any idea of why this happened to the splines on my drive shaft?
I have searched and read about saltwater erosion and the splines not being properly greased and was wondering if this is what could have caused this issue or could it be caused by a bigger issue? The splines appear...
Maybe this has been posted and someone can point me to an existing thread?
I have a 1994 40hp Mercury Mariner, I have to replace the drive shaft and need to get to the
drive shaft nut in the lower unit to remove it. So, I'm at step one, removing the Bearing Carrier Nut.
I know there is a tool...