FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This has been a good engine, used only 10-15 hrs per season for the last 8 yrs. All has been well but mounted it on my alum rowboat with fresh fuel/2T mix and it would start then not run. I'd pull it several times and no action, then wait a bit and it would start but die within 30 secs. Sounds...
I've got the 2000 50hp 2T TLDI and also the Tohatsu manual, but would like to confirm before I dive in - to replace the air compressor belt, I think I need to pull the whole magneto assembly, consisting of the flywheel, alternator, and raise the coil bracket to slip the belt in. Seems like a...