FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Okay so ive searched the forums over and over and cant find an answer so I guess Ill ask. Were fiberglass boats ever made without gelcoat? I have an old 50s or 60s cabin boat in restoration. and Im not sure if the original coat was gelcoat or paint. I know that they use gelcoat as a mold...
I bought this boat to restore but have no idea what it is. If the motor matches it would be a 1963 but Im not sure. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.
http://s641.photobucket.com/albums/uu136/lifewithoutlimits2008/
I am trying to figure out what year motor I have. Its a johnson but the model number plate is missing so All I have to go by is the cap on the powerhead which doesn't have the model number either. Im sure that its an early 60's motor and the number on the cap is J2363069. It is a super...