FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Mercury 2 stroke 8 hp motor and I'm having a problem with the throttle control. Last year a small plastic rod ball cap kept slipping off the rod and I had to manually take the cover off and pusk the linkage back to get the throttle to go into gear. The shifting was real tight, not...
I have an 8 hp Mercury motor vintage about 1982 that was always a fast start and never gave me any problems until last week. I was running the motor on a fishing boat in the river and did'nt feel like the motor was doing full speed at wot in forward. I pushed the control grip handle under...
We recently bought a 24 foot pontoon and had it converted to a tritoon for use at our lazy river house on the St Lawrence River which was also a recent purchase.. We are in a bay where the water depth at best at the dock during high water is about 24 " deep. The tritoon i'm told which has a 50...
I bought a 1982 Skeeter fiberglass bass boat at the end of last season that I never tested in the water but put into storage to use sometime this year on some small lakes. It has a 33 Johnson electric start on it. When I finally got it into the water towards the end of the season this year at...
I'm new to the world of out board motors and just bought a 77 Monark bass boat with a 85 hp Evinrude motor. Previous owner said the motor is hard starting , that it had to be choked good but once started it usually runs fine and restarts ok. Any known issues for this boat or motor, or reasons...