FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1988 Mercury 25hp outboard. Electric start with remote control. When I purchased the motor it had a bad vibration/miss. I found the magnets had broken inside the flywheel. Replaced the flywheel and the stator (damaged from the magnet failure). Ran great for first season. 3/4 of the way...
I'm working on a late 70s 70HP Johnson outboard. It has been in storage for a couple of years. I got it running but now if I turn the key off it won't stop, won't even stop if I unhook the main electrical cable. what could be causing this?