FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I took a friend of mine with me to winterize the boat this weekend as he is a mechanic and has a good amount of experience with older motors with points/condenser etc.
Nola Mike -
1. Correct, the issue only occurs when hot. I can start the boat on the first turn of the key cold every time.
2...
I have not had an opportunity to work on my boat yet since it is getting close to Winter, I will most likely be Winterizing the boat soon. However, I have spoken to a couple other mechanics about this issue and was given the following information that I was hoping you all would be able to...
Hello,
I have a 1987 Wellcraft 190 Classic with a 1987 Mercruiser 165hp MCM sterndrive. I have provided a pic of my serial number below. All summer I have been dealing with the same issue. I have a brand new pertronix ingnition, flamethrower coil with 3ohm resistance, I ran 12volts straight...