FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Thank you. One of the half dozen things I'm going to try to solve this. Raising the hatch is possible, but not functional with the family wanting to swim off the back swim deck because the entire back of the rear bench seat lifts up to access the engine, blocking the swim deck.
I'll update...
I'll get back to this thread after I try a couple things on the boat this week to say what worked and/or not worked to solve this heat soak / VL issue.
Thanks for the diagram. I saw that on other posts.
Do you have a diagram for the VST flow? I have not found one. Wouldn't dumping to the tank from the VST loose pressure to the the rail.
Have not seen the fuel line Shrader valve anywhere. On cars which I've done fuel injector work it's at...
I own a 1997 Cobalt 220 with a Mercruiser 7.4LX EFI/MP engine. Mechanical fuel pump and Vapor Separation Tank (VST), does not have cool fuel. Love the engine, but on a hot day (central AL) after driving a while, stop for lunch or to swim, it will not start up. Does not happen in fall, winter...
This has been a very enlightening thread. I'm having the same issue. Same engine, my serial no. is within 100 of yours. What was the final outcome / solution? Did you install the fuel pump kit? Did it work? Did you do anything else to solve the VL problem? Thanks for your help.