FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have had water in lower unit and now water coming from telltale hole. Bought new impeller and prop and put on impeller and prop with the help of a friend. hooked up to muffs today and when I put it in forward the motor reved up but the prop just stayed the same speed and when I put it in...
Ok bought this boat a month ago and I now have it running alright. Took out on lake a few times and changed my lower unit oil and it was real black but no white or milky looking substances so I know there was no water. Changed oil and took off my prop because my boat wouldn't go any faster than...
Hi I have a 67 or 71 500 also I don't know yet which year. I dont' know much about the motor but im trying to stuff everything in because its too much money to have them looked at. Anyways bought the boat 2 weeks ago took it to lake to see if it even float and the motor started right up but...
Hi, I purchased a new boat with a Mercury 500 50 hp motor. On the old motor registration paper it says 1971 but the local boat mechanic says it is a 1967 anyways I changed the lower unit oil it drained for about 2 days. I bought 1 quart of lower unit oil and when I changed it I squeezed from the...
Hi, Iam new to this forum and just bought a cheap bass boat and really don't know anything about the motor. I do know it is a Mercury 500 50 hp. On the motor registration paper it says its a 1971 but the local boat mechanic says its a 1967? Don't know which is right but I do know I have a...