FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
I need to remove and replace the corroded thermostat in my thermostat housing. The housing is cast with 909255 and I believe originally came off a Ford V8. I've read to remove the o-ring and pull the thermostat. It is very corroded but I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I will then sand blast...
Hi,
I need to pick a alternator for my 1976 General with a OMC electric shift outdrive and 1966 Ford 289 engine. I'm converting the engine to fuel injection and will be making my own wiring harness. I've spent considerable time reading about marine alternators and charging circuits but still...
I'm rebuilding my 76 stringer electric shift and decided to rebuild the hydraulic trim system. I'm having difficulty finding any of the seals. Is there a rebuild kit available that includes all gaskets and seals?
Thanks
I'm rebuilding my 1976 stringer electric shift and have a assembly question. I have followed my OMC manual closely, but still unsure the orientation of the water pump impeller vanes. Do I have the impeller vanes oriented correctly knowing the impeller is depicted how it fits in the upper...
Hi,
I'm rebuilding a 76 electric shift outdrive and need help finding the large plastic bushing that fits between the upper and exhaust housing. Does it have an official name?
Second, I also need the tapered rubber exhaust seal that mounts in the upper housing.
If I know what these parts are...