FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm looking for the timing sequence for a 1999 25hp four stroke mercury. It seems the timing belt jumped and now it will not run. Any help would be appreciated.
My engine runs very rich at idle and once I give it more throttle it sputters for a bit until it clears then will run fine at WOT I have removed the reed valves and noticed some of the petals have a very large gap some up to 1/8 inch. Is this my problem? If not where do I go from here?
Does anyone know where to get a diagram of how the small spring that fits on the fuel float is supposed to be postitioned in the carb i made the mistake of taking the carbs apart and can't remember how they were positioned. Also i am not getting fuel to the engine and of course it won't start...
I need to change the gasket between the oil filler cover and the engine. I can see water leakage from arond two of the bolts that hold this cover so i assume the water is also getting into the engine. My oil is milky colored which means h2o. I can get at one bolt easily and another with some...