FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Here is the story. I was out on the lake today, picked up some weeds, the engine over heated, the alarm sounded so I shut the engine off. The engine ran on for several seconds. I cleared the weeds and fired it up. Lots of water coming out the pee tube. Now what happens is that while running...
I have a 60HP 97 Johnson. It seems to run well enough. However, if I decelerate hard (like pull the throttle back to idle from a plane) I hear this rattle noise. It has always done this but it seems to be a bit worse lately. If I decel easy it is as quiet as a mouse. Carbon? Piston slap? I have...