FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am trying to rebuild a steering grip assembly on a 1980, 15 hp Evinrude. I have a drawing. My question has to do with the control shaft bushing, washer and spring and it's position on the gear shaft assembly. If it's positioned where the flat end changes into the round shaft, it looks like it...
Re: Do I need two transom brace supports?
This photo shows the hull where the 2 braces were attached. Six holes each. The braces seemed to be attached by the past owner as he used steel screws to attach it to the hull (that were badly rusted) and ss screws through the wood of the transom...
Hi, I have been reading your questions for several weeks in anticipation of rebuilding a '74 Sears (Arrow Glass) 14' aluminum flat bottomed jon boat. I was working on another boat but couldn't turn this deal down. To make a long story short, I am removing all of the outside paint down to bare...