FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok before i get into this, I dont know for sure if the motor is lock up. I had starting issues and fixed it with a solenoid. I drained the oil which was full of oil and fuel mixture, which I was told was when the float was stuck on the carb causing it to flood. So they rebuild it. I try to turn...
I just recently got a 1986 Larson with a 170 mercruiser in it. The guy swore up and down it would start. Well for one he bought the wrong starter and took the original start apart and and put the gear in the starter he had purchased. After buying a new starter and installing it. I wired it the...
I am wondering it I can use my outdrive which is made for a 351 W mercruiser and put it on a boat with a 302. Will it bolt to the bellhousing and the gear ratios not me a problem?
I have a 1980 Crestliner with a mercruiser 470 with a closed cooling system. I just replaced the impeller and it stays at about 200 degrees at 3/4 throttle on plane but as soon as you get it wide opened it starts climbing. I am under the impression this motor was a piece of @#$% especially since...