FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Have a 1981 35hp johnson J35elgts. Had some starting issues which are resolved. While running the motor on the cuffs, I noticed water coming from the prop and spaying from the two horizontal holes that are up near the cowling. I just replaced the water pump... now I have a very healthy stream...
I have a 81' Johnson 35hp model j35elcts. I recently swapped out the water pump. Took the boat down to the pond and gave her about a half an hour rip around the water. Everything seemed to be working great. The following weekend, I took the boat out again. She started fine, was idling...
Sorry for the a repeat on this subject but, I'm not understanding prop pitch. I have a 35 hp Johnson with a four bladed adjustable pitch prop. The prop is "plastic"... how do you determine the pitch? The prop has positive and negative signs on the outside hub. What does this mean? Is...
I recently bought a 14' aluminum boat with a 35 hp Johnson ob. The prop is an adjustable four blade composite prop. What I don't understand is how prop pitch affects the performance. The man I got it from claims to get a "rooster tail" when he ran it. I am significantly larger than he is...
Just purchased a 14' aluminum boat with a 35 hp Johnson (74-86?). Ran some cuffs to it and started it in the yard for some minor adjustments and cleaning. Ran fine on the hose. when in the water the motor will hiccup... cough... whatever you wish to call it. It literally feels like you have...