FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The rubber flapper is called a exhaust pipe, part number 843235.
https://www.volvopentastore.com/Connecting-Components-Aq-Drive-280/dm/cart_id.032380141--session_id.385103661--store_id.366--view_id.780501
I can't figure out whether the exhaust pipe can be installed without removing the...
There is another problem I found last weekend which you can see in the pic. That is my worst problem. Not sure if I can live with the broken part, if the broken part could be welded on or if that is the straw that broke the camels back.
I can't find a parts diagram showing the rubber flappers on the side of the transom shield of what I think is a ~1985 280 stern drive. Engine was repowered with a 5.7GSi, fresh water cooling.
Short story version is exhaust elbow and maybe manifold plugged, overheated, burned port side exhaust...
15 HP is new to Dad and I, runs, seems OK except for the leaking seal. It's part 0340178. In order to replace the seal, from what I see I have to remove the gear case, exhaust housing and power head. Is this correct? Any tricks to just replacing the seal? The gear case isn't a big deal, as...