FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello all,
I have a 1979 Evinrude 15hp that I have been in the process of restoring. I replaced the coils Sunday and it finally runs well. I ran it for about 20min today in a barrel before taking it to the lake and it started on first pull and ran flawlessly. When I got the lake though, it...
Hello all,
I have a 1979 Evinrude 15hp tiller. This model does not come with a man overboard kill lanyard, rather a button that you push to stop the motor. For safety reasons I want to add the kill lanyard. I know there is a Sea Dog one that fits this model almost perfectly, and that will...
Hello all,
I have a 1979 Evinrude 15 hp that I got this summer. It sat on the floor of a boathouse for around 15 years until we found it this summer. I just picked it up today from a carb rebuild as well as water pump replace. The shop said they ran it and it ran fine, but when i got home i...
Hello!
This is my first post here, and I need some help. I bought a 1955 Mercury Mark 25 18hp. I am in the process of fixing it up and I can't figure out how to replace the pull cord. I took the wheel off that the cord is wrapped around and I took it all apart--still can't get the cord off...