FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1989 Monterey 2300 sx. This is a 23 foot with a cuddy cabin up front. The acess to the bow is either over the windshield or through the small hatch. Im thinking of setting up a windlasss and a small pulpit to make anchoring easier. There is a compartment in the bow of my boat that has a...
I Have a 1988 Mercruiser 5.7L with an alpha 1 outdrive. Ive read many of the posts on winterizing this setup but was wondering if I were to run my engine with the outdrive in a barrel containing antifreze mixture would this be a sufficiant alternate to draining and filling the motor with antifreze?
Im having a hard time making a decision on which way to go. I have a Garmin GPSMap 440 and also had a Garmin160C Fishfinder, Unfortunately someone BORROWED my fishfinder from my boat and unless I find out who BorroweD it I dont think they will be returning it any time soon. Anyway I liked the...
I have a 1988 Monterey 23' Cuddy Cabin with a 5.7 Mercruiser and an Alpha1 outdrive. I just purchased the boat and dont have much in the way of manuals and specs. Currently the boat will cruise about 35 MPH acording to the GPS at about 4000 Rpm. Im thinking that it should be getting a little...
Hello Folks, First off let me introduce myself, Im a 50 year old Male from Staten Island NY and love anything that has to do with the ocean or outdoors. Im glad I foung this place and I hope to be an accet to the community here as well as to learn from others. I just purchased a 1989 Monterey...