FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just replaced the hose on my port side exhaust and it burst again. a mechanic told me it could be a exhaust restriction like my flapper fell off but i cant seem to find them. I ran an electrica wire pulling snake through the y-pipe and it is free of restrictions. I did not get an overheat...
I have been trying to resolve a problem which started shortly after changing spark plugs. I cannot seem to rev past 3000 rpms I used to get 4200 rpms.
I have a 1995 volvo penta 5.8fihu
Here is what i have done.
1.) changed plugs twice I now have the same type plugs as original.
2.) Set my gap...
After replacing my spark plugs the boat ran fine for 20 minutes. I anchored for a couple of hours and when i left the beach i could not get past 3000 rpms.
Since then i have.
1.) rechecked the gap ok
2.) checked the spark ok
3.) replaced distributor cap and rotor
4.) replaced fuel filter
5.)...