FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just returned from Canyon lake. At WOT with trim all the way down, I achieved 45 mph at approx. 4400 rpm, however upon raising tilt just a tad, the rpm maxed at about 4750, with an increase of speed to 53 mph. I was impressed and will keep this 14 1/4" 23p prop as my default prop. I did notice...
Thanks all for input. I guess 4500 with my 23p is acceptable, but am taking her out again today with new fuel & fuel system cleaner, and also will experiment with adjusting trim, to see how she performs. I've got my eye on a 14 3/4" SS prop with a 21p, but should wait till my budget recovers...
Just bought this boat and replaced prop. I'm only getting 4500 rpm's at Wide Open Throttle (= 45 mph) and am wondering if I got the prop pitch right (23) when I ordered prop. Was told by previous owner that he'd had it up to 55 mph so just wondering what rpm is right @ WOT. (BTW can't find an...
Thanks, I've sprayed it - now waiting for it to work. Just bought this boat yesterday, and I don't think the prop's ever been removed. But it will be from now on!
Thank you. The nut is really tight. It's 1 1/16th " and my wrench hasn't been able to break it free. I stuck a long 3/8 extension bar down between the prop & outdrive to obtain some leverage but it still won't break loose. I'm afraid too much force will break something on the outdrive. Will it?